We say in French: L’avenir appartient à ceux qui se lèvent tôt (the future belongs to early risers) and if this is true, Vietnam will have a very bright future. If you wake up early in Ho Chi Minh, you could always do like the locals and head to Pho Hoa Pasteur for a good morning pho.
Continue reading “Pho Hoa Pasteur”
Once again, Anthony Bourdain has led me to a great meal. After watching his show about Vietnam, I knew I had to try Banh Xeo 46 A and I was not disappointed. I walked to the restaurant from my hotel and when a special tourist police offered me his help, he pointed me in the right direction with a big thumb up, nothing like a local seal of approval!
Continue reading “Banh Xeo 46A: Vietnamese Crepe Heaven in Saigon.”
- Get yourself a ticket for Ho Chi Minh.
- Ask the driver to take you to the tallest building in town (It’s the Bitexco Financial Tower).
- Walk around the tower until you find a corner restaurant with a long line of locals and tourist(It’s Nhu Lan restaurant).
- Wait in line and get a banh mi.
- Enjoy and maybe buy a second sandwich for the road.
Continue reading “Nhu Lan banh Mi”